World's hottest Pepper

:: General :: Common Room

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World's hottest Pepper

Post by Trick on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper

The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper is the hottest pepper in the world, according to Guinness World Records.[2] Prior to this, the world's hottest pepper was a specimen of the Naga Viper pepper. A laboratory test conducted in March, 2011 measured a specimen of Trinidad Scorpion Butch T at 1,463,700 Scoville heat units, making it hotter than the Naga Viper's 1,382,118 Scoville heat units.[3] Hotness of a species of chili pepper can vary by up to a factor of 10 depending on the conditions under which the specimen grew.[4] High-performance liquid chromatography has limited precision and a margin of error of about 5% of the true value; Scoville units reported with more than two significant figures should be regarded as for entertainment purposes only and not a scientific assessment of the heat of the pepper.[5]

I want to try it who is with me?
Trick

Number of posts : 125
Experience : 7292
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Trick
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
5/99  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Re: World's hottest Pepper

Post by J1NX on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

Dude, your brain almost liquefied after a ghost pepper. I don't know if I can watch you eat that thing....without video evidence this time.

Administrator

Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 10149
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
10/10  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Re: World's hottest Pepper

Post by Hawk on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

samsies... I want to be there with a video camera if this shit goes down. And I don't know if swinging for the fences on this pepper would be such a good idea... It would be a great idea.
Hawk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 270
Experience : 6566
Rep : 3

Character sheet
Name: Lazuris Kaen
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
12/99  (12/99)

Back to top Go down