One Night in Arkham

:: Nice Try

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: One Night in Arkham

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Jan 2008, 11:21 pm

"Why did you choose the persona of a fox?" The womans voice was soft and sincere.
"The fox is cunning and swift, sly and silent, ever watching." A raspy voice responded from behind a mask.
This was his first job for Bruce not by choice on his part. His alter ego had had a run in with Killer Croc and a few broken ribs and a seperated shoulder later well, hes not as young as he used to be and with Nightwing dealing with his own city the time had come for another to step up. No way was he in anyway a close cut to the bat but he had been training for five years now and showed great potential. He, just like his teachers, had lost his family in a tragedy involving a mad man. He created the concept of the fox to aid as Batmans eyes and ears with minimal conflict, at least until Batman felt he was ready. This was his first real case simple enough go to Arkham and question the Riddler as to why Croc was where he was.
"This way Mr. Fox."
"Just Fox will do."
As they made their way into the main hallway the sounds of screaming, moaning and wailing filled every nook and cranny of the place unshaken Fox made his forward.
"So the bat getting to old to come see us himself?" The guard said with a chuckle.
"Negative. He has other things in the city to deal with." He said gazing sharply at the guard to let him know that was thin ice he just moved onto. But he was close, age was gaining on Bruce but he would never let on that it was. As they made their way through the levels of security the wailing and sounds became more soul renching and blood chilling.
"Well here he is Edward E. Nigma." The guard stopped in front of a cell and pointed in. Fox nodded and waved the guard away. When he was out of earshot he began to work. After about an hour of riddles and bull fox had all the information he needed turned and began to head out.

Back to top Go down

Re: One Night in Arkham

Post by J1NX on Fri 15 Feb 2008, 6:57 am

He caught up with Frank no too far down the hall.
"Hey there old timer. How's your clock ticking today?" John said as an inside joke having to do with the crazy Clock guy that Frank had checked on a few minutes before.
"It never stops or slows down for anyone" Frank replied, imitating "clock man's" voice.
"So Frank, I'm not trying to get rid of you or anything, but if you want to go ahead at take off now, I can take over for you. I'm sure you're eager to get out of here on your last day. And I want you to send me a post card from wherever it is that you're going." John smiled.
"Thanks John, but I guess I might as well finish up this run through before I get out of here for good."
"Well, don't get greedy. You know what happens when you just have to do that 'one last job'." John laughed a little at his own joke.
"Yeah, I know right? Just call me greedy." Frank shook his head as he scribbled something on his check sheet, and then moved on to the next cell.

Administrator

Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 10139
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
10/10  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top